As a founding member of the Simultaneous Interpreters of New Zealand group, I offer on-site and online simultaneous interpreting to and from English and Spanish.
Conference interpreting is most usually conducted simultaneously. Simultaneous interpreting generally relies on booths where interpreters work with headphones through which they listen to the original audio, and a microphone through which they transmit the translation of what they hear with a delay of only a few seconds. Service users can access the translation through headphones that they need to wear to hear the interpreters’ translation of the speakers’ words.
Previous experience (contractor)
- FIFA Women’s World Cup Australia & New Zealand 2023 Team Seminar (Auckland)
- International Working Group World Conference on Women & Sport (Auckland)
- Biennial International Association of Women Judges Conference (Auckland)
- The International Union for Health Promotion and Education World Conference (Rotorua)
- The International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association World Conference (Wellington)
- World Indigenous Tourism Summit (Waitangi)
- World Indigenous Business Forum (Rotorua)
- 3rd Global Trade and Gender Arrangement (GTAGA) implementation event Women in Innovation (online via Zoom)
- Latin American Social Movements Seminar Series, Seminar I: Colombia’s recent social unrest (online via Zoom)